Last Blog Post: Senior Year 2019

During this final year of e-Communication I was able to grow as a person, friends, and member of society. The works that I have completed have allowed me to met new people in my community and created deeper friendships. There was a sense of family when I was in ninth grade, this is still true 3 years later. I learned to complete projects on time and how to create videos efficiently in order to turn the projects in. Also I learned to work with people that did not really want to be in the program. The difficulty these kinds of people can bring are astronomical. They do not do the work and have no motivation to do anything. I was pulling all the slack and creating a video I was happy with and one that impressed people.

I learned how to create an amazing video using my cinematography skills. Compared to my first video, my last final reel showcased some of my best works, and I say some because I could not find some of my other projects I worked on. I learned different terms and uses of the camera and even developed my photography skills using it. I was able to create a small business with my photography, but would love to expand it more. Something that the class should focus on WAY more are the physical components of the camera. For example, what is shutter speed and what does it effect, what is the aperture and what does it effect. This is so people who are decent with their skills on camera can learn how to better their quality of video and create some stunning images that audiences love.

I was able to lead some projects by being director in a few. I mostly wanted to be the cinematographer because I love seeing friends, family, and peers reacting to my works. I love the feedback that I am given so I know how to improve and captivate more people. I loved leading and listening to my crew and allowing them to have the freedom to try their own creative techniques, but when we were getting off task I was able to gain back control and re-focus the group so we had enough time to wrap-up and give the editor enough time to edit the video.

Most downfalls I had with projects were during editing phase. I either forget something during production or technical difficulties occur with computers and programs. I would forget to pre-plan things out in pre-production and this is where things get forgotten in production as well as post. I was able to create some video using editing to cover up mistakes and and blunders.

The Five Guarantees have allowed me to become more confident in my own work and my own self-esteem. I am now able to express how I feel confidently and meeting new people and clients do not make me anxious. My project management could be improved. All I need to create a schedule that allows me to have the time to complete videos.

This year has been one of the best. I only wish that the teachers understood that Juniors and Seniors have work and outside activities that do not allow us to shoot videos everyday. Timelines need to extended in order for quality to be produced. Everything said I still had fun and I cannot wait to see what my future hold with this hobby of mine.


There are three reels that stick out to me the most. This was by far the best reel I had ever created. I used footage from my client work, school work, and personal use. This video too weeks to compile and edit. I had already shot the video necessary to create the final project, the main concern was for editing. the main downfalls that I had with this video are the dark clips and trying to editing with limited work capability. The processor on my computer cannot process the frames fast enough with made editing fast sequences difficult. However, I was very pleased at how this video turned out.



This was one of the first project I created in the final year in the program. The difficult process was getting the director to agree with certain ideas I had because I knew that they would work and would look amazing. I wish we chose a different song where we could have created a more engaging story, but overall I was happy how my cinematography and editing turned out in the end. I learned through this project that people will have different views opposite of yours, but communication is key and problems can only be fixed through deliberation.


This will be my last video. This was what started it all. This video is the first I every created in the program. I began it all here. Watching my reel and this, they seem like two different people created them. I wanted to create more and more videos because of the processes that went into making one. I made friends and family in this program and would not trade anything for it.

This is my last post. My last day. My last video. I will miss this classroom and the people in it. I will keep working toward my goals of becoming a film-maker an a pilot. I want to constantly improve myself and y work. I will always look back and remember the person I once was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spotify Commercial Project